Bilstein 5100 Ride Height Adjustable Front Shock Set for 96-02 Toyota 4Runner (BE5-D558-T0 or 24-248730)
Bilstein 5100 Height Adjustable Front Shock Pair for 96-02 4Runner (BE5-D558-T0 or 24-248730)
We offer a choice of two different Bilstein 5100 height-adjustable front shocks for the 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner: the classic BE5-D558-T0 that was made by Bilstein for Race Car Dynamics (respect) as well as the newer 24-248730.
Ride height is adjusted on these shocks by setting the height of the spring seat with a snap ring that fits into one of three grooves on the BE5-D558-T0 or one of four grooves on the 24-248730. On both shocks, the bottom snap ring groove is around stock height (no lift). The top groove delivers up to 2.5" of lift on the BE5-D558-T0 and up to 2.3" of lift on the 24-248730.
The BE5-D558-T0 has slightly longer travel and slightly higher typical lift than the 24-248730. The 24-248730 on the other hand, delivers finer height adjustment (having an additional snap ring groove). Either choice would be excellent for lifting, leveling and compensating for winches, snowplows, etc.
The shocks are available by themselves for customers who wish to pair them with their factory coils - just select the <Unassembled (shocks/struts only)> option under 'Assembly.'
For customers who would prefer a fully assembled coilover with new shocks, coils and top mounts we offer these shocks paired with Wheeler's coils (620 lb/in rate) or similar offerings from Eibach and Old Man Emu (specifically their 2880. 2881 or 2883 coils). Select the <Fully Assembled Strut (See Item Description)> 'Assembly' option and then choose your coil preference in the 'Front Coil' option.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Reuse existing factory coils or order fully assembly with a choice of coils from Wheeler's Off-Road, Old Man Emu or Eibach
- An extremely affordable and practical alternative to coil spring spacers
- Height adjustable by relocating the spring seat via spaced snap ring grooves
- 46mm monotube design ensures consistent, fade-free performance in all conditions
- Zinc finish with multi-layer coating and clear sealant to prevent oxidation, increase durability and increase shock service life
- Self-adjusting deflective disc valving with independent rebound and compression tuning
- 24-248730 and BE5-D558-T0 shocks covered by Bilstein Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Sold as a pair
Bilstein Shock Shop Video
5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable
Bilstein 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Datasheet and MSDS
1996 Toyota 4Runner
1997 Toyota 4Runner
1998 Toyota 4Runner
1999 Toyota 4Runner
2000 Toyota 4Runner
2001 Toyota 4Runner
2002 Toyota 4Runner
Download installation instructions for Bilstein 5100 front shocks here.
Also applies to BE5-D558-TO (except for dust boot and groove/height specs)Bilstein 24-248730
Bilstein Warranty Policy - North America
The following limited warranty from BILSTEIN applies to all purchasers (hereinafter “Purchaser”) who have purchased a BILSTEIN aftermarket product (hereinafter “Product”) in North America (hereinafter “NA”) from a BILSTEIN distributor. This warranty is non-transferable.
BILSTEIN warrants that Products purchased from a BILSTEIN distributor in NA shall be free from defects in design, material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product and it is installed on the original vehicle for which the product was purchased.
Within the warranty period, the authorized BILSTEIN distributor shall be obligated to repair or replace a defective Product at its discretion. This does not apply if the product has been used improperly and contrary to BILSTEIN’s instructions. Further claims for defects by Purchaser are excluded.
To exercise its warranty rights, Purchaser must contact the BILSTEIN distributor in NA from whom the Product was originally purchased to request the return of the Product and the issue of a return goods authorization (RGA). If the Product is to be returned, Purchaser is obligated to package the Product safely for transportation, include a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase, affix the RGA number visibly and legibly to the outside of the package and return the product to the BILSTEIN distributor at its own expense. Payment by BILSTEIN or the BILSTEIN distributor of import costs (customs or other government fees, tariffs, handling fees) incurred in connection with international returns is expressly excluded.
BILSTEIN or the BILSTEIN distributor shall under no circumstances be liable for consequential damages (such as, but not limited to, labor charges and/or lost profits) resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use the Product or from defects of the Product. This limitation of liability does not apply to injuries to persons, in the event of willful intent or gross negligence, or if a material, contractual obligation was violated.
In the event of improper use, in particular installation in vehicles not recommended by BILSTEIN, track racing or off-road use (unless the product is expressly designed for such use), all warranty claims are void.
The limited warranties set forth above do not cover normal wear and tear and are non-transferable.
- Surface finish, boot or mounting hardware such as, but not limited to, rubber bushings, bearings, valve shims
- Original equipment shock absorbers - which are warranted by the vehicle manufacturer
- Damage caused by improper installation
- Damage caused to non-motorsports product as a result of racing, driving competition or off-road use
- Use on modified or other than Bilstein-recommended vehicles
- Bent or broken rods showing abuse or abnormal wear
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches, notches, dents and corrosion
- Damage to products which have been altered without the written approval of BILSTEIN or the BILSTEIN distributor
- Damages caused by road hazards, accidents, improper use, water, flooding, fire or other natural phenomena or external causes
BILSTEIN warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the periods specified below, each gas pressure shock shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty is non-transferable and does not cover normal wear and tear.
Proof of purchase is required to process warranty. Any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness or fitness for particular purpose, except as may be prohibited by applicable law, is likewise limited in duration to timeframe specified below, from the date of original retail purchase.
Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- B4 OE Replacement
- B3/B4 OE Replacement Air Suspension (Spring and Strut)
- B6 / B6 Performance
- B8 Performance Plus
- B12 Series
- B14 (PSS)
- B16 (PSS9 & PSS10)
- B6 4600
- B8 5100
- B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable)
- B8 5112
- B8 6112
Limited 2 Year Warranty
- B1 Air Compressor (only)
- B8 5160
- B8 5162
- B8 8100
- B8 8112
- B3 Coil Springs
- Steering Racks
Limited 90-Day Warranty
- B1 (excluding Air Compressor)
- B8 5125
- B8 5165
- M 7100
- B8 8125
- B8 9200
- B8 9300
- Service Repairs
To view BILSTEIN's complete Warranty Promise and Processing Procedures, please visit the BILSTEIN Warranty page.