Available for Stock Height or Lifted Applications!
Teraflex has released a high quality line of shocks and bumpstops for Toyota applications. Knowing their rich history in shock absorber manufacturing and building off-road equipment, these are sure to be a hit. These rear piggy-back reservoir shocks are available in a couple different configurations for stock or lifted vehicles. Additionally, These shocks include the Tow / Haul Option which features a three-position Fast Adjust Knob on the shock reservoir that allows the shock to be set for 1. Comfort & Control, 2. Moderate Tow/Haul, and 3. Heavy Tow/Haul settings.
These shocks are available for trucks that are stock height to 1.25" lift, and there's another set for trucks that have 1.25" to 2.75" lift (choose above). Also included is a high quality set of micro-cellular "foam" progressive rear bumpstops as well as shock shaft "Roost Guards" to protect the shock shafts from gravel and debris. That's a lot of extra's.
VOD - Volume Optimized Damping:
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain – or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for increased damping volume, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed driving. VOD also improves the shock absorber’s ability to reduce bottoming out at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
• 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma (2nd-gen)
• 2016+ Toyota Tacoma (3rd-gen)
• Piggyback shock absorbers
• Progressive microcellular “foam” bump stops
• Bump stop cups
• Roost guards
• All necessary hardware
Features & Benefits
• Rear piggyback shock absorber pair with Optional Fast Adjust Knobs w/ 3 compression settings for enhanced dampening adjustment on the vehicle
• Optional Fast Adjust rear adjustment settings include: Comfort & Control, Moderate Tow/Haul, & Heavy Tow/Haul
• Shocks include Roost Guards and a Micro-Cellular Foam Progressive Rear Bumpstop Set
Piggyback Shock Absorbers:
• Piggyback design features increased oil & gas capacity vs. monotube or twin-tube designs reducing heat buildup for more consistent performance
• Piggyback fluid passage design flows 6 times more oil than restrictive reservoir hose designs as well as eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo & swivel fittings
Falcon Truck Shocks:
• All testing done on E-rated tires (worst possible ride)
• Largest shock body that will fit w/out modifications
• Negative spring inside shock body eliminates top out clunk, softens tire landing, & reduces body roll & stress on shock
• Application-specific tuned bump stop reduces bottoming out & body roll
• High-quality spherical bushings (when applicable)
• Zerk fittings to lube bushing (when applicable)
All Falcon Shocks:
• Vehicle-specific shock absorbers
• Race-inspired performance for increased vehicle stability
• Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
• Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort & off-road performance
• Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
• 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
• 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
• Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
• 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
• Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
• Hard anodized billet piston
• 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
• Digressive linear piston & base valve technology
• Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear piston for quicker ramp up & increased damping volume
• Inline OGS (Oil/Gas Separator) prevents cavitation
• Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
• Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
• 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
• Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
• Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
• Patent pending design
• 3-year warranty
• Do not use tow/haul modes while unladen as the increased rear stiffness could upset the balance between the front and rear of the vehicle, which could lead to loss of vehicle control.
• Never exceed factory tow/haul ratings.
Shock Set for 0-1.25" Lift: 14.5" coll X 23.00 ext
Shock Set for 1.25"-2.75" Lift: 16.2" coll X 26.3" ext