coilover shock THREADED SPRING PRELOAD Adjuster
Lets the driver fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear wheels while setting up the ride height (ground or chassis clearance) and to lower or raise the vehicle to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference. To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle. A spanner tool is included for adjusting the spring preload.
HIGH-SPEED COMPRESSION Adjuster KNOB (optional feature included with adjustable compression option)
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed quickly. This adjustment controls the resistance upon landing from jumps, harsh or sudden square-edged impacts, riding at high speed over whoops, choppy terrain or tire tracks.
To use, turn the black knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
LOW-SPEED COMPRESSION Adjuster KNOB (optional feature included with adjustable compression option)
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed slowly. This adjustment controls body roll when cornering, squatting under hard acceleration, front-end diving when braking, riding over whoops at moderate speed, undulations and elevation changes in the terrain. To use, turn the red knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
- Massive 2.5” (66mm) hard-anodized aluminum body for cooler operation
- Big bore design with less restricted oil flow for increased responsiveness and less fading
- Internal hydraulic valving optimized for each vehicle platform
- Built from CNC-machined and forged aluminum parts, aluminum bodies and premium-quality internal components
- External remote reservoir with low-friction floating piston (1:1 ratio vs. main piston) providing additional cooling
- DOT high-flow reservoir hose
- Heavy-duty 3/4” (19mm) induction-hardened shaft
- Triple sealing system with dust wiper, high-pressure step-seal and premium quality o-ring
- Direct, bolt-on replacement that uses stock shocks location
- Proprietary ultra-low friction, light viscosity semi-synthetic oil blend, ultra-resistant to high operating temperature
- Coilover models use Elka's durable high-tensile alloy springs or Eibach springs (depending on model & configuration)
- Fully rebuildable using affordable replacements parts and springs, multiple replacement valving shim stacks available
WARNING: (For California residents) Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.