The Delta Joint’s patent pending design was conceived after an interesting pattern of premature uniball wear was recognized by our engineering team. What was peculiar about these cases was that they seemed to be consistently reported from areas in which road salts and other harsh de-icing agents are used throughout the year. After the inspection of several sets of uniballs, it was clear that wear and tear was being accelerated on these components in these particular conditions.
While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application – exposure to the elements. Whether it be corrosive chemicals used on roadways or the unforgiving dirt and mud that comes with off-road adventure, uniballs allow this debris to build up and eventually work its way into the internals causing wear and possibly failure.
The ICON Vehicle Dynamics Delta Joint is currently available in “retrofit kits” for all ICON tubular steel and billet upper control arms, as well as in upper control arm kits that have the Delta Joint pressed into them during the ICON manufacturing process. To retrofit a Delta Joint into a set of ICON upper control arms is a fairly simple operation, however there are tools offered by ICON to make the job easier.
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is so confident in the new Delta Joint that we’re introducing a product-specific warranty to help instill this same feeling in end users. As long as the Delta Joint is used in conjunction with a complete ICON suspension system we will stand behind the product 100% by offering a 5 year limited warranty* against defects or failures. For more information, visit the following link, http://www.
- Patent pending Delta Joint combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball
- Sealed design and zinc plated housing protects Delta Joint from the elements, road salts, and other debris
- Metal on metal internals and a greasable design for maximum longevity and noise-free operation
- Capable of high angularity required for lifted applications
- Carburized taper pin provides increased corrosion resistance, decreased internal friction, and less chance of thread galling on assembly
- Pullout strength greater than comparable industry standard uniball
- Application specific taper pins for precise fit across a wide range of vehicles
- 5 Year ICON Limited Warranty (When used with ICON Vehicle Dynamics suspension components, visit www.iconvehicledynamics.com/
deltajoint for more info)