Rock Assault Double-Ended Ram 2.5 Bore X 1.375 Rod
Rock Assault Double-Ended Ram, 2.5" Bore x 1.375" Rod
This is the ram you have been looking for if you are building a rig for off-road racing or rock crawling competitions and need extra steering force for the largest tires. Our Rock Assault Double-Ended Ram has a one-piece 1-3/8" [35mm] diameter 4340 chromoly steel rod that is more resistant to bending under heavy steering loads. We also increased the bore size to 2-1/2" [64mm] to give you 5,649 lbs. of force at 1650 psi €“ 15% more force than our standard Rock Assault Double-Ended Ram.
Of course, we kept all the features that made our standard Rock Assault Double-Ended Ram so reliable. We still have dual rod seals on each end to prevent fluid leakage under heavy loads, and polyurethane wiper seals on each end protect the seals from dirt and debris. Dual piston wear bands and rod bushings on each end allow the ram to absorb much higher side loads than other double-ended rams. The triple-lip piston seal prevents fluid bypass and gives you consistent steering with no drift. The cylinder has a black zinc-plated finish to prevent corrosion, and the #6 JIC steering ports will work with all standard #6 JIC fittings. The rod has 3/4"-16 female threads on each end.
Available in your choice of 8" [203mm], 8-3/4" [222mm], or 10" [254mm] stroke.
Note: If you are using our Rock Assault 9 Front Axle Housing, you will need to use a 10" ram for your steering setup.
Trail-Gear Hydraulic Ram Specifications
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Designed for off-road racing and rock crawling competitions
- Larger 1-3/8” [35mm] diameter 4340 chromoly steel rod is more resistant to bending under heavy steering loads
- One-piece rod is chrome-plated and polished with ¾-16 female threads on each end
- Larger 2-1/2” [64mm] piston provides 5,649 lbs. of force at 1650 psi – 15% more force than our standard Rock Assault double-ended ram
- Triple-Lip Piston Seal for consistent steering with no drift or fluid bypass
- Dual rod seals on each end of the ram
- Dual piston wear bands and rod bushings on each end allows the ram to absorb much higher side loads
- Polyurethane wiper seal on each end keeps dirt and debris from damaging the rod seals
- Cylinder has a black zinc-plated finish
- #6 Male JIC connectors
- Available in strokes of 8” [203mm], 8-3/4” [222mm], and 10” [254mm]
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, Ca 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice on the outside of the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.