Provides 0-2" Lift With your Factory Coils!
Teraflex has released a high quality line of shocks and bumpstops for Toyota applications. Knowing their rich history in shock absorber manufacturing and building off-road equipment, these are sure to be a hit. These are front height adjustable shocks that are designed to work with your factory coils. Some customers opt to run aftermarket coils on these if they need extra load resistance. Optionally, for an additional charge we can assemble coils on these to help simplify your installation process.
These shocks provide 0-2" lift using your stock coils. Also included is a pair of micro-cellular "foam" progressive shaft-snubber type bumpstops that mount on the shock shafts as well as billet coil seats with injection molded coil isolators.
ZRT - Zone Rate Tuning:
Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) manipulates the factory linear-rate spring tuning to produce three distinct performance zones with a more exaggerated spring curve to tackle various driving conditions.
An internal negative-rate spring offsets the factory spring’s preload while in the Extension Zone. This eliminates top out clunk and shock stress at full extension, while softening tire landing and reducing body roll on impact during aggressive driving.
The factory spring rate is unaffected in Drive Zone for a comfortable and controlled ride. A provided progressive microcellular bump stop effectively retunes the spring rate while in Compression Zone to reduce bottoming and body roll during aggressive driving.
VOD - Volume Optimized Damping:
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain – or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for increased damping volume, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed driving. VOD also improves the shock absorber’s ability to reduce bottoming out at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
• 2010+ Toyota 4Runner (5th-gen)
• Front: 0-2” with factory coils
• 0-2" lift (with factory coils) adjustable monotube shock absorbers
• Progressive microcellular “foam” bump stops
• Billet coil spring carrier
• Injection molded squeak-free spring isolator
• All necessary hardware
• Front leveling monotube shock absorbers w/ fixed rate damping optimized for on- & off-road driving
Falcon Truck Shocks:
• All testing done on E-rated tires (worst possible ride)
• Front shock features multiple snap ring grooves to lift front end
• Snap ring grooves maintain set ride height (instructions laser etched on shock body)
• Largest shock body that will fit w/out modifications
• Negative spring inside shock body eliminates top out clunk, softens tire landing, & reduces body roll & stress on shock
• Application-specific tuned bump stop reduces bottoming out & body roll
• Zerk fitting to lube lower mount bushing
All Falcon Shocks:
• Vehicle-specific shock absorbers
• Race-inspired performance for increased vehicle stability
• Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
• Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort & off-road performance
• Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
• 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
• 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
• Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
• 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
• Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
• Hard anodized billet piston
• 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
• Digressive linear piston & base valve technology
• Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear piston for quicker ramp up & increased damping volume
• Inline OGS (Oil/Gas Separator) prevents cavitation
• Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
• Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
• 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
• Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
• Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
• Patent pending design
• 3-year warranty